The following is a list of the techologies that our developers use. This includes our technology stack as well as the surrounding tools.
Ruby on Rails
Heroku is our hosting platform of choice when it comes to Web Applications.
When clients sign with us to do develop a Web Application, we highly recommend using Heroku as the hosting and deployment platform. In fact, we recommend it so highly that we will be heavily resistant to other solutions unless they provide some key features that we benefit from when choosing Heroku.
Choosing Heroku will ultimately save the client and us lots of time, effort, frustrations and money because of the following features
- Managed Hosting as a Service - Heroku is a cloud-based hosting provider which means you don't have to spend any money managing and maintaining the actual servers.
- Integrated into our Development Process - Heroku provides Git-based deployments which means our development team can push up new builds within minutes and automate continuous integration if needed.
- Automated Production Deployment - Heroku takes all the manual work out of deploying a production build of your web application. We simply push up the code, and Heroku handles the rest. This can be incredibly handy for things like Ruby on Rails and Webpack production builds.
- Managed Add-on Services - On top of managing the basic server, Heroku also makes it incredibly easy to install and maintain services like Databases.
- Grows as you grow - Yes, you will have to spend more money as your application grows, but Heroku makes it incredibly easy to scale up as your application demands more.
If a client suggests another hosting platform, we will be open to hear about it, but will be very hesitant if it does not provide the above listed features among others.
Git, BitBucket, GitHub
React Native & Expo
Amazon AWS S3
Visual Studio Code